Vic TT ride to Eildon

Vic TT offers riding for experienced and skilled riders only. Camped out at Kirth Kiln, I was invited to join the TT crew for a thrilling run to Eildon. I always get a bit nervous about riding with this crew. I never know what new crazy experience I'm signing up for!


Maverick Octane at Eildon Dam
It was good to see the TT riders screening and filtering the hopefuls trying to join in. Rookies trying to keep pace with experienced riders put themselves at serious risk. I watched a hopeful rider being tested out and then turned away due to his limited skills and concerns for his own safety.

The Vic TT crew
Seems I've been given the honorary mantle of Vic TT rider number 1. Thanks Mav and great to see you living the petrol-header's dream. "Passion has no limits!" Good to catch up with Phil again and I still can't believe how well he rides that 600cc Kwaka.


Morning fog gave way to a gorgeous sunny day and dry roads!


The real challenge of this run were a series of extremely twisty bitumen roads strewn with invisible patches of gravel. A few front ends went sliding. For the life of me I don't know who would think it's a good idea to put matching coloured gravel on or near bitumen roads. It's just a recipe for disaster. Yet I see it all the time.

Damaged but unbroken, Manwel 'the Falcon' kissed the ground twice.
Dropped twice on this run. Loose gravel on bitumen causing loss of traction.

Recovery crew made a few field repairs and got Manwel and his Yamaha FZ6r back on the road

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fathers day alienation (updated)

Aiming to live the dream - biking, boating, camping, travelling, own boss

Eaten alive in the Dunethan swamps