2,200km tow to Sunshine Coast, good food and gorgeous scenery


A belly bug stopped me eating for three days, but it didn't keep me from the gorgeous Sunshine Coast! On the way I discovered some of the great pleasures of travelling with a caravan.

Rig loaded up and ready to roll!

I needed lots of breaks due to fatigue

Great massive artwork in the middle of nowhere

Mobile library service, universal soldier style



Alex Foreman at Tooleybuc, NSW


Once my belly had settled down I could start to enjoy one of the greatest pleasures of caravan travel. Being able to pull over in nice locations, then being able to make a hot coffee, cook a tasty meal and sleep on site!

Rig pulled over in middle of nowhere for coffee and hot meal.

Boiling the billy

Coffee on the go
Bacon and egg breakky

Pulling out of Dubbo I managed to nearly run out of fuel. The GPS took me down dodgy back-roads instead of the main highway. Towns on the route where I thought there would be fuel turned out to be more like homesteads. I worked up a sweat as the fuel needle dropped below empty but made it to the next station!






Decided on a pancake breakfast as my first meal in Queensland



Sunshine Coast!


Point Cartwrite

Climbing Mt Nugungun, Glasshouse Mountains


Alex Foreman climbing Mt Nugungun with Heidi, Megan and Aki



Heidi and Megan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fathers day alienation (updated)

Aiming to live the dream - biking, boating, camping, travelling, own boss

Eaten alive in the Dunethan swamps