Reunited!

I managed to see my beautiful daughter Aurelia after 2 years of unexplained parental alienation!

Alex and Aurelia Foreman
On Saturday 10th March 2018 my ex actually listened to her daughter and turned up at an arranged meeting. I was sitting at the Broadway cafe expecting that my ex would not arrive and also feeling worried that if she did, my ex's alienation strategy may have worked and my daughter would be funny around me. However I was in for a very pleasant surprise. As soon as Aurelia saw me her eyes filled with tears. She ran to me with a huge smile on her face and wrapped her arms around me. My heart filled with joy and relief. It was a very emotional reunion. We sat and talked for what felt like hours. It was obvious she had been missing me quite badly and was shocked when I told her I had been trying to see her. Aurelia said she wants to go to Queensland and see her Great Grandmother before she passes on. She told me she really wanted to spend the entire day with me, and then somehow got her Mum to agree.

Although a beautiful experience, the meeting was not without significant trouble, all caused by the ex. First she lied while arranging the meeting, implying that Aurelia only wanted to see me for brunch and attempted to sit in on the meeting which I refused to do because of her hostile nature. When I asked Aurelia, she had said nothing about only seeing me for brunch. My ex decided to sit just a few meters from us, walking past several times to remind us that she was there and did not look pleased about our emotional reunion or how long it was taking. Then when my daughter asked to spend the day with me, the ex made a big scene. She called me over to her table, then yelling at me like a dog, shouting "YOU! SIT DOWN!" pointing to the chair in front of her. I refused and she attempted several more times. Then she pulled out a medicare card, stared at me in anger and yelled "SEE THIS! THIS IS IDENTITY THEFT!" The medicare card did not appear to have my name on it so I totally failed to see any logic in her angry and fictional accusation. However since she had alienated me and my family from my daughter for two years without explanation, attempted to destroy the father daughter relationship, had recently been caught out making a series of fraudulent claims about me to try and get money, and was now making things up to put on a show in front of my daughter and the entire cafe, I decided to let loose and tell her as such in the same volume and tone she had taken with me. It may not have been right to lower myself to her level, but it felt liberating to stand up to her bully tactics and set the record straight! I should be a bit empathetic though, I'm sure she was very disappointed that 2 years of dedicated sabotaging, character assassination, manipulation and lying was undone the second my daughter saw me. Haha.

Alex and Aurelia at Mt Lofty Botanic Gardens
The rest of the day was fantastic. Aurelia and I visited Windy Point, Mt Lofty Botanic Gardens and Playford Lake. We talked the whole time, sharing experiences over the missing years. I think only her birth was a more emotional day for me. She loves her school and sounds like her education is going well, except for the dreaded maths lessons, lol. Aurelia still has a deep love of animals and is thinking of looking for a career in that direction. All too soon I had to drop her back, but neither of us wanted the day to end.

Alex and Aurelia having some retail therapy
We then saw each other again the following week for a few hours. The ex had only given us a short amount of time, but we leveraged this to go and have some retail therapy. Not much shopping actually happened because again we ended up talking most of the time. Aurelia has really matured. Her mind is sharp and quite insightful. She wants to come camping in my caravan and visit some of my friends while I'm here. She also said she wanted a lot more time with me but was worried her Mum wouldn't allow it.

I feel relieved to know that the bond between us is very strong and I never need worry about others destroying it. The experience has shown me that manipulation can work in the short term but will inevitably fail.

I love you my beautiful Daughter, and am proud of the woman you are growing to be.

Previous post on this topic:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fathers day alienation (updated)

Aiming to live the dream - biking, boating, camping, travelling, own boss

Eaten alive in the Dunethan swamps