Camping Conondale National Park in a heatwave

I was itching to get out into the countryside so I headed to the rain-forest with my sister for some inland adventures and relaxation.
Heidi Foreman knows how to take great photos!


Heading out at sunset, not the best time to find a campsite but makes for great photots
Finding the Charlie Moorland Camping Area proved a challenge with my GPS taking me down the worst possible road. My sister had been 4 wheel driving up that road and was nearly killed, so I'm glad she recognized it. I ended up having to do a U-Turn on a narrow track with the caravan. Luckily I found an area that wasn't too boggy. After backtracking and turning off the GPS I followed a much better road which took me directly to the camping ground.

Getting the gas fridge working
During the night we were visited by a firefly. I've never seen one in Australia before. First we mistook it for a falling star, then it came directly to us and hung around us for hours. It was a special experience.

Lovely off-grid campsite. No reception. Fires allowed. Lots of animals.

Little Yabba Creek. A popular swimming hole.

My sister Heidi loving her glamping adventure

Great hikes and spectacular views in murderous tropical heat


The heat was too much so we headed to nearby Lake Borumba for a cool day on the water. Will do a separate blog for that adventure.





My campfire attracted guests, but a storm put an end to the party.

Kenilworth, local motorcycle mecca and great RV friendly coffee stop


I loved this spot in the rain-forest. it was cool and had a really peaceful energy to it. Could have sat there for hours.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fathers day alienation (updated)

Aiming to live the dream - biking, boating, camping, travelling, own boss

Eaten alive in the Dunethan swamps