Deano's idea for a trailer sailor caravan


"You're thinking about this the wrong way" biker Deano said as I was pondering how to get a small sailing kayak onto my ute along with my motorbike. He said I should do away with the caravan and get a Careel 22 trailer sailor. He thinks I could live in it and use it like a caravan, even hooking it up to powered sites at caravan parks.


Then when the mood takes I could launch the boat and sail it until I feel the need to return to land. The boat is light enough to be towed and has a good sized cabin. It is more aerodynamic than a boxy van. Having a look at the cabins pics though, it will certainly be tight! Food for thought if nothing else. Thanks for the idea Deano, got me thinking mate.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fathers day alienation (updated)

Aiming to live the dream - biking, boating, camping, travelling, own boss

Eaten alive in the Dunethan swamps